Technical Translator (Japanese-English)
Technical translator/interpreter needed full-time at an automaker office in Ann Arbor, MI and also Gardena, CA.
The position is as a Lingua Science employee with benefits of paid time off and some paid holidays, dispatched to work onsite at our client’s offices.
- Translation of vehicle specifications, manuals, drawings, test procedures, etc.
- Proofreading/editing of translated documents.
- Translation of presentation materials, technical reports, other reports, emails, general documents, etc.
- Interpreting at various meetings, including an evening meeting once or twice a month.
- Collaboration with the translation group to develop and improve translation job systems.
- Support with maintaining and updating terminology lists.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and Japanese (Japanese skills must be at least JLPT 1 for non-native speakers, or equivalent)
- 2- or 4- year college degree
- 2-5 years of translation experience, preferably in automotive or a technical field
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to operate translation software (TRADOS) is a plus
- Ability to follow written instructions, plan, organize, and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as work long periods by oneself in front of a computer
Ann Arbor, MI or Gardena, CA