Direct-hire position is available for a software engineer an international automotive supplier in Novi, Michigan.
- Analyze user needs and then design, test, and develop custom applications to meet those needs.
- Design each piece of an application or system and plan how the pieces will work together; recommend improvements to existing applications based on user feedback.
- Create a variety of models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that show programmers the software code needed for an application.
- Ensure that a program continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing; conduct design and code review with major focus on the performance, scalability, security, coding standard, and future expansion.
- Innovate in adopting new technologies and best design practices to ensure application usability.
- Document every aspect of an application or system as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Collaborate with other computer specialists to create optimum software.
- Resolve production support issues as well as issues reported by users through the help desk system.
- Participate in system integration testing and user acceptance testing support.
- Participate in production deployment.
- Perform database modifications based on application design.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 2 years of experience as a software developer or related field.
- Proficient in the implementation of sql stored procedures, triggers, cursors, and views.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
F/T, direct hire