International automotive supplier in Novi, Michigan has an immediate opening for software developer. This is a full-time, direct hire, day shift position in the main U.S. office facility that supports corporate operations, sales, and R&D.
- Analyze user needs and then design, test, and develop custom applications to meet those needs.
- Design each piece of an application or system and plan how the pieces will work together.
- Recommend improvements to existing applications based on users feedbacks.
- Create a variety of models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that show programmers the software code needed for an application.
- Ensure that a program continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing.
- Conduct design and code review with major focus on the performance, scalability, security, coding standard, and future expansion.
- Innovate in adopting new technologies and best design practices to ensure application usability.
- Document every aspect of an application or system as a reference for future maintenance an upgrades.
- Collaborate with other computer specialists to create optimum software.
- Resolve production support issues as well as issues reported by users through the help desk system.
- Participate in system integration testing and user acceptance testing support.
- Participate in production deployment.
- Perform database modifications based on application designs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 24 month’s experience as a software developer or similar position.
- Proficient in the implementation of sql stored procedures, triggers, cursors and views.
- Strong problem solving skills.