Technical Translator/Interpreter (Japanese-English)
Technical translator/interpreter needed at a major auto supplier in Novi.
Contract position includes some paid holidays and paid time off but no health insurance.
To 55K based on experience
- Translation of daily communications, reports, manuals, standards, etc.
- Translation of troubleshooting reports and problem/countermeasure sheets.
- Occasional interpreting at meetings, for visitors, between Japanese and US staff, etc.
- Act as liaison inside and outside the company to facilitate smooth communication between the company and suppliers, and company and headquarters in Japan.
- Support engineers with various coordination/administration tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in English and Japanese including fluency in written and spoken business and technical language.
- Minimum 1 year of prior translation experience, preferably technical or automotive-related.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate-advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the ability to format translations with tables, graphics, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn cutting-edge technologies, company products, and design, manufacturing, and quality control methods to be able to explain concepts.