Bilingual Japanese-English Quality Specialist (APQP)
Direct-hire opening for a Japanese-speaking quality specialist (APQP) at a growing automotive supplier in Novi, Michigan.
The APQP specialist will be the primary customer contact regarding APQP and part approval issues, including ramp up and readiness of manufacturing plants for current and new production, and coordinating changes after start of production.
- Leads, guides, and participates in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities for launches of new products
- Updates quality/manufacturing open issues matrix
- Attends internal meetings, reviews, and customer program meetings to report on APQP status
- Reviews data from quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures
- Build and maintain customer relationships and build and maintain a customer interface team
- Work with cross functional team to ensure successful production launches and support changes after SOP
- Proactively manage program risk from IPQM standpoint – identify risks and coordinate cross functional meetings to address risks before they become issues
- Track and report the progress of production changes for current programs to customers and within the company. Coordinate with Sales, plants, and Production Control.
- Communicate customer APQP requirements within the organization and interface with multiple groups to make sure requirements are being met
- Submit all necessary part approval documents (PPAP, PA, ISR…), maintain parts status on customer portal, and update system when needed.
- Complete Customer Gate Review based on customer requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree, preferably in a technical field such as quality, engineering, or business, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in Japanese and English with strong communication skills
- Automotive project management and quality experience desirable
- Excellent at coordinating projects and maintaining program timing and deliverables
- Analytical thinking
- Results-oriented, flexible team player, customer focus
- Experience leading cross-functional teams helpful
- Ability to handle math concepts such as probability and statistics, plane and solid geometry, ratios, proportions, etc. SPC and Six Sigma would be a plus.
- Ability to use spreadsheets and databases