Interpreter/Translator/Executive Administrative Assistant (Japanese-English)
Japanese-English interpreter needed at a Japanese auto supplier in Plymouth, MI to help a VP with communication. The job also includes translation of documents and administrative support to the VP.
This job is a direct hire position with relocation benefits available.
- Interpretation at meetings (whisper interpreting or consecutive interpreting) for the VP and meeting attendees. Also interpret phone calls, in-house discussions, etc.
- Support the VP with translation and/or creation of various documents such as meeting minutes, email, reports, PowerPoint presentations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the office of the VP. Duties may include travel arrangements, scheduling and setting up meetings, department budget administration, business trip expense reports, office supplies, package shipments, and so on.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English.
- Prior interpreting and translation experience. Auto industry experience very helpful but not required.
- Interpreting at morning and evening meetings may be required, sometimes at very short notice.
- Availability for morning or evening meetings as needed.
- Experience with office administration or project coordination
- Strong MSOffice skills including PowerPoint and Excel
- 2-year or 4-year college degree
- Good people skills to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Ability to maintain confidentiality