Bilingual (Japanese-English) Product Engineer, Mechanical, Entry-Level
Product design engineer (mechanical) opening for a Japanese-English speaking bilingual at a major automotive supplier near Novi, MI to design various automotive parts.
Direct-hire position with benefits.
Blended work style – work from home possible up to 3 days/week
- Handle product design for assigned customer programs from RFQ through launch. Major products include automotive seats and suspension springs.
- Help design and modify products to meet customer requirements while ensuring company profitability based on material and process selection.
- Serve as a customer contact during all phases of the product program including preparing reports and providing ongoing design and production support.
- Make and check drawings and design calculations.
- Serve as engineering liaison with customers and manufacturing plant personnel to work on related issues and improvements.
- Coordinate with the test lab to accomplish required approval testing.
- Monitor and communicate project deliverables with various internal departments including sales, testing, CAD, analysis, and manufacturing.
- Interact with Production and Quality departments to define and solve problem areas and implement product improvements.
- Some domestic and International travel may be required.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or higher.
- 0-3 years relevant experience in the automotive supplier industry.
- Business proficiency in Japanese language required. Native level Japanese or JLPT N1 or N2 equivalent for non-native speakers.
- Basic knowledge of CAD (CATIA), GD&T, FEM, Statistical Methods, APQP, TS/ISO, FMEA.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with engineers, customers, suppliers, and team members.
- Highly motivated, ability to multi-task large projects, independent thinker and effective communicator.
- Ability to manage time effectively and make informed decisions.
- Ability to work in an international company with diverse team members.