Technical Training Developer/Coordinator
International automotive supplier in the Detroit metro area seeks a technical training developer to design, develop, and administer training for engineers at their Michigan facility.
Direct hire, full-time position. Excellent benefits.
- Develop general training programs for newly hired engineers.
- Design and develop training materials in the field of wire harness design and development.
- Discuss needs with stakeholders to identify training goals and the best methods to deliver training.
- Develop various types of training including classroom learning, multimedia-based learning, etc.
- Select and work with external vendors to develop customized training segments for the Michigan facility.
- Administer and track training for all engineering associates.
- Help conduct the actual training depending on program content and technical ability.
- Maintain and upgrade training materials.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong writing and materials development skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate training and/or education.
- Experience with multimedia and training technologies/tools desired.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education with a concentration in math, science, or related field. A degree in communication, engineering, or other relevant field may also be considered, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Ability to analyze, plan, and deliver results on time.
- Technical ability to understand the basics of the materials to be taught.
- Interest in the automotive industry and vehicle design is a big plus.
- Ability to work with a diverse, international team.
- Japanese skills not required at all, but may be a plus.