Accounting Assistant – Temp to Direct
Accounting assistant / bookkeeper needed at a Tier 1 international automotive supplier in Novi. Hybrid remote opportunity after training: work from home Monday/Thursday/Friday and in the office on Tuesday/Wednesday. Excellent opportunity to gain experience in automotive and international accounting.
Temp (contract) position with the possibility of direct hire after a year. Temp benefits are paid time off and some paid holidays. Direct hire benefits would be generous and include health, dental, vision, 401K, life and disability, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Prepare, record, verify, analyze and report A/P and A/R transactions. Secure approvals and process all payments following accounts payable policies and procedures. Ensure external and internal controls and policies are followed.
- Perform routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparing accounting slips and checks/ACHs/Wires for payment.
- Assist with preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports for management and the parent company in Japan.
- Prepare analyses and reconciliations of invoice runs to detect fraud. Ensure that transaction entry verification procedures are followed.
- Handle the accounting for travel and corporate card transactions.
- A/P and A/R ledger account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Verify and prepare invoices for entry.
- Keep detailed records of all incoming and outgoing checks. Post daily cash receipts and perform monthly reconciliations.
- Distribute monthly financial reports.
- Prepare month- and year-end closings.
- Prepare letters, memos, reports, and other documents. Compile data for standard and special reports.
- Maintain physical and electronic files and records.
- Schedule and participate in meetings.
- Other duties may include supporting office staff with directing incoming calls and visitors and assisting with travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in business, finance, accounting or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Proficient with Excel, MSWord, and accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse, international team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and tact
- Intermediate 10-key data entry skills
- Japanese language skills helpful but not at all required
Novi, MI (hybrid remote)
Full-time, temp to direct