Translator and Interpreter (Japanese – English)
Japanese-English technical translator needed at an automotive-related plant in Williamstown, West Virginia. Full-time direct-hire position with relocation benefits available.
- Translation of documents related to production, quality, safety, operations, policies, issues, etc.
- Interpreting at group meetings and on the plant floor as needed, as well as interpreting for visitors from Japan and between Japanese and US staff.
- Interpreting at meetings with external suppliers.
- Support of advisors and assistance with communication between advisors and local personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree – technical major or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2 years of translation/interpreting experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and spoken Japanese and English, including business-level Japanese.
- PC skills – preferably very strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Organized, able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and explain technical concepts.