Technical Translator (Japanese – English) Automotive
Technical translator (Japanese-English) needed full-time at a growing automaker office in Ann Arbor, MI.
The contract position is as a direct W2 Lingua Science employee dispatched to work onsite at our client’s office.
Nice work environment in a large office setting, working with a team of other
- Translation of vehicle specifications, manuals, drawings, test procedures, etc. mainly from Japanese into English.
- Proofreading/editing of translated documents.
- Translation of presentation materials, technical reports, other reports, emails, general documents, etc.
- Formatting of translated documents to include source language graphics.
- Interpreting at various meetings. Meetings could include an evening meeting once a month. However, the opportunity for interpreting is fairly rare.
- Collaboration with the translation group to develop and improve translation job systems.
- Support with maintaining and updating terminology lists.
- The job is 90%+ document translation.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and Japanese (Japanese
skills must be at least JLPT 1 for non-native speakers, or equivalent)
- 2- or 4- year college degree
- 2-5 years of translation experience, preferably technical translation and/or
business translation in automotive or a technical field
- Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to operate translation software (TRADOS) is a plus
- Ability to follow written instructions, plan, organize, and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as work long periods by oneself in front of a computer
- Interview would include a brief J-E translation test done on PC without the use of dictionaries, internet, or cell phone.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Employee referral plan
- No health insurance is offered at this time
Ann Arbor, MI