Supply Chain Coordinator (Japanese language helpful)
International materials supplier to the automotive industry has a full-time, direct hire position for a supply chain coordinator to handle daily inbound and outbound shipments and coordinate logistical operations, inventory control, order fulfillment, and distribution.
- Receive purchase orders and assign shipments to proper warehouses and carriers.
- Plan and schedule inbound and outbound shipments to internal and external customers.
- Monitor daily inventory and check product adjustments.
- Share order data with the Planning Department.
- Act as liaison between customers, freight carriers, warehouses, plants, and the Planning Department.
- Investigate and resolve issues to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Coordinate investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Analyze flaws in procedures and recommend system improvements to managers.
- Act as expediter to resolve delivery problems and implement improvements to the logistics system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience related to supply chain / logistics / inventory control
- Experience using supply chain management systems (such as SAP)
- Availability for some overtime as needed to meet deadlines
- Japanese language ability helpful, but not required
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Results focused, motivated and energetic
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Full-time, direct hire