Part-Time Technical Recruiter – Temp to Direct
Part-time technical recruiter needed at an international automotive supplier in the Novi, Michigan area. 15-20 hours/week.
May be a blend of work-from-home and work in the office as needed for training, interviewing, and so on.
The company in Novi is an R&D center and also serves as their US head office, with multiple manufacturing plants and affiliate offices around the US.
Position starts on contract and could transition to direct employment (part-time) for the right person.
- Recruit mainly for technical positions such as Software Developer, Software Engineer, Materials Technician, Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and DDS Engineer.
- Create job descriptions and post job ads.
- Communicate with HR and management to help determine their priorities for technical skills in job positions.
- Use social media as well as organizational and professional networking sites to post jobs and gather potential candidate resumes.
- Review applications and schedule and conduct initial interviews.
- Select candidates for further review by hiring managers.
- Assist in the pre-employment screening, hiring, and onboarding processes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years prior recruiting experience with a demonstrated track record in technical recruiting. Auto industry experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Human Resources and how to conduct lawful recruiting and lawful interviews
- Excellent listening skills and the knack of "reading" people to find candidates who will fit within teams and the organization
- Social media experience helpful
- Willingness to learn about the company and company culture
- Organized, multi-tasking, excellent time management
- Ability to work independently
$25.00 – $32.00/hr