Lead Applications Engineer – Wire Harness Business Development
Major auto supplier seeks a Lead Applications Engineer to support the Business Development Group and lead wire harness and harness component technology discussions with North American OEMs.
Direct hire position.
- Act as the main liaison to all North American customers for wire harness and harness component technologies (PDB, JBs, SJBs, high voltage, etc.)
- Research and understand customer requirements related to automotive wire harnesses and their components, and communicate that information to related departments.
- Provide design and specification development support to internal and external parties.
- Coordinate information flow between the company, customers, and affiliated companies.
- Maintain expert level product knowledge.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFI/RFPs.
- Coordinate market research related to electrical/electronic automotive technologies.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to businesses and users.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contracts, and communication within the company-approved database.
- BSEE/BSME/BBA or equivalent degree
- 6+ years of automotive experience related to wire harness/wire harness component engineering or related technical experience
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical blueprints and a solid understanding of electrical and mechanical control systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and people skills.
- Organized multi-tasker who can prioritize and deliver on time.
- Japanese language skills are preferred but not required.