Japanese-English Interpreter/Translator Bilingual Administrative Assistant
Japanese-English speaking translator/interpreter/admin assistant needed at an international materials company in the Burlington, NJ area to assist with communication between Japanese staff, US staff, outside companies and organizations, and the Japan head office. Also support office administration.
Relocation support may be available for the right candidate.
- Interpretation at on-site meetings (consecutive) for Japan staff and meeting attendees.
- Interpretation of phone calls, in-house discussions, online meetings, job training, etc. Meetings and interpreting sites include an office environment, plant, and warehouse.
- Support Japan staff with translation and/or creation of various documents such as presentations, meeting minutes, email, reports, plans, policies, and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for the office. Duties may include scheduling and setting up meetings, travel arrangements, department budget administration, business trip expense reports, office supplies, package shipments, and so on.
- Support the relocation of Japan staff to the US. This may include various support with internal and external paperwork and arrangements, such as assistance with housing and school arrangements, as needed.
- Occasional interpreting for meetings and functions at a plant/warehouse northwest of Philadelphia (about an hour from Burlington, NJ). Some travel (day trips) may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English (JLPT N1 or equivalent level if non-native Japanese speaker)
- 1-2 years of prior translation and consecutive interpreting experience preferred
- 1-2 years prior office experience or project coordination experience desired
- Willingness to learn about specific company products and technology
- Availability for morning or evening meetings desired (potentially online or by telephone if not available in person)
- Availability for occasional day travel between Burlington, NJ and another company site northwest of Philadelphia, approximately 1 hour away
- 2-year or 4-year college degree
- Good people skills to interact with people at all levels of the organization including executives, engineers, and factory workers
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)