Software Developer – Automotive, custom software
Direct-hire position for a software developer at an international auto supplier in Novi, MI.
Work from home up to 3 days/week
Full-time, Monday-Friday days
This person will contribute to planning, design, implementation, verification, deployment, and support activities for custom software components and applications. Provide advanced technical, logical, and problem solving expertise to help create innovative software solutions. Work on both frontend and backend parts of projects.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code to build and support company systems, applications, and platforms..
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Analyze, design, test, modify, and install new and existing software programs.
- Analyze and develop new user specifications.
- Design, code, test, implement, and maintain applications to meet user specifications.
- Confirm that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Document new and existing programs.
- Coordinate with team members and other departments as needed to develop software.
- Remain current with latest technologies and practices.
- Recommend technology solutions that suit the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Ability to write complex computer software components and “from scratch” applications.
- Attentive to detail while maintaining a view of the big picture.
- Full cycle software development experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intrinsic desire to understand and improve systems.
- Friendly and personable attitude.
- Technical Abilities:
- Java, C, C++ or C#
- Ruby or Sinatra, Python, PHP
- SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres
- HTML, CSS