Bilingual (Japanese-English) Automotive Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Automaker office in Farmington Hills seeks a bilingual (Japanese-English) coordinator/specialist in vehicle regulations and compliance.
Full-time, direct hire position.
- Follow vehicle regulations (emissions, GHG, safety, etc.) and support the company in developing vehicles and engines for the US market that comply with laws and regulations of the US.
- Act as a liaison with the EPA, CARB (California Air Resources Board) and NHTSA (National
- Highway Traffic Safety Association) regarding certification and collection of rulemaking information for company products.
- Report/summarize results to company management.
- Attend meetings of various industry associations and report back to company management about activities, regulations, and policies.
- Assist engineers in communications and negotiations with the EPA, CARB, and NHTSA.
- Attend and support plant audits, compliance tests, etc.
- Collect information of regulations related to vehicle safety, exhaust emissions, GHG, certifications, and recalls and report to the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Bachelor’s degree, engineering degree would be a plus
- Engineering experience and auto industry experience preferred
- Existing knowledge of related regulations and standards would be a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Good MSOffice skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well with a diverse, international team
Farmington Hills, MI
Salary commensurate with experience.