Bilingual Application Manager (Japanese-English)
We are recruiting for a Japanese-English speaking application manager at an automaker office in Farmington Hills, MI.
- Work with parent company and 3rd party vendor to develop, improve, and troubleshoot the company’s proprietary systems and packaged systems.
- Maintain Oracle server and SQL server.
- Coordinate with related departments and manufacturing plants to make sure that applications are meeting expectations.
- Participate in kaizen and cost reduction activities.
- Provide progress reports to management.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation between interacting departments.
- Fluency in Japanese and English, including business/technical written and spoken Japanese
- Minimum 5 years application development experience
- 3 years project coordination experience
- 3 years database systems experience such as MSSQL or Oracle
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of database backup and restore
- Batch scripting or PowerShell
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Windows server 2008/2008R2, 2012/2012r2
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent
- Available to travel up to 25% of the time
Farmington Hills, MI