Accounting Manager Bilingual Japanese-English
Lingua Science is recruiting for a full-time, direct hire bilingual Japanese-English Accounting Manager to handle accounting for the main US office of an international materials supplier. Their small office has no additional accounting staff, so the manager will be fully responsible for all accounting-related duties.
Visa support may be provided, if needed, for the right candidate.
- Oversee daily, monthly, and yearly financial activities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account analysis and sub-ledger closings, including all journal entries and preparation of financial statements
- Analyze business results comparing with budgets, plans, and forecasts
- Prepare management reports for the US office and the head office in Japan
- Create business operation plan (BOP) for next fiscal year and update forecasts periodically
- Prepare and support the annual external financial audit and J-Sox internal audit
- Bank account monitoring and reconciliation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- Four-year degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
- 5 or more years of experience in accounting desired
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision
- Solid understanding of GAAP and transaction flow
- Superior data management and data analysis skills
- Detail-oriented with passion for accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP or other financial reporting software and automating processes
- Ability to work some overtime as needed
F/T, direct hire